Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Blue Pumpkin

Grace and I are now at the Blue Pumpkin - a chic modern cafe that serves great breads, desserts and cafe food, and best of all, free WIFI. I've logged onto the Internet, and still no luck - can't load up the pictures for some reason. :( Just found out that the bandwidth here is really low.. 512 is considered "high speed"!

We roamed about the Old Market area earlier today and found really nice shops. I bought for our C&S friends nice gifts that I hope they will like. :) We also popped by the sister hotel of Shinta Mani, Hotel de la Paix. Really nice place! It even had its own photo gallery, and a really nice deli that sold the kind of sandwiches I would make back home!

We also toured the hospitality school at Shinta Mani today. It was a simple place that offered free training in culinary skills, front office and spa techniques to selected young Cambodians. We saw them in action today in the kitchen as the head chef taught them how to cook a typical Khmer dish - Fish and Pork Dipping - much like curried fish and pork. Grace and I tried it... Surprisingly delicious!

We met up with Ceilo, the administrator for the school and together with Koy Kol, we will be heading to the village tomorrow morning to give away to the children what we brought along for them.

As for now, Grace and I are waiting for the rain to stop. But we're not complaining. With a nice ambience, WIFI and delicious food, who's complaining? Well, if only I could load up the pictures, it would be just perfect!

:)

No comments: